Kindergarten registration will continue through the end of the week. If you have a child who will be five on or before August 31 make plans to register him/her for kindergarten during the registration window.
Silk Hope pre-school continues to accept applications for the upcoming school year. If you have a child who will be 3 or 4 by August 31 they are eligible to apply for a wonderful opportunity to get a jump start on school readiness. Please stop by the school office or see Ms. Kathy at preK for an application.
The PTA would like to remind everyone to please send in your chicken tender fundraiser drink donations, solicit lunch orders from area businesses, and be making a delicious dessert to donate.
Upcoming Events for the Week Include
- The School Improvement Team will meet Monday at 3:10pm in the art room
- Silk Hope will travel to Moncure Tuesday and will host Pollard Thursday for baseball and girls soccer. All games will begin at 4:15 (Remember: home soccer matches are played at the Northwest Park).
- Our last Chicken Tender Planning Meeting will be Tuesday at 7pm in the Media Center. Please join us to find out how you can help.
- The 3rd 9 weeks ends Friday
- Join us for a plate of delicious chicken, for lunch or dinner, Friday 11am-7pm at the Silk Hope Ruritan’s Community Center.
Chicken Tender Fundraiser Dinner
A special thanks to the Chatham County Chicken Cookers from Goldston who will be cooking their famous chicken.
Chicken Tender Order Form (English) Chicken Tender Order Form (Spanish)
Chicken Tender Sign-up Sheet (English) Chicken Tender Sign-up Sheet (Spanish)
Please contact the school for additional information.
Parents, we are trying to increase the number of lunch orders and we need your help!!!
- Ask your place of business to order chicken tender plates for lunch…WE WILL DELIVER!!! (use the “order form” on the Silk Hope School website to place your order)
- Ask any businesses or organization you have dealings with to purchase chicken tender plates for lunch…WE WILL DELIVER!!! (use the “order form” on the Silk Hope School website to plate your order)
- A minimum of 5 plates to be ordered for delivery.
- The business to be within 35 minutes of Silk Hope.
- Monday, March 30 at Pittsboro Elementary from 4-6
- Tuesday, March 31 at Siler City Elementary from 5-7
- Wednesday, April 1 at Virginia Cross Elementary from 4-6
- Tuesday, April 14 at Jordan Matthews from 5-7
- Wednesday, April 15 at North Chatham Elementary from 5-7
- Thursday, April 16 at JS Waters from 4-5:30
You only need to attend one meeting. SNACK flyers with additional information will be given to all students the week March 23. Please contact Rebecca Borchard for more information at (919) 533-9521.
You can access the site here. If you are new to the site you will need to click on the green link at the bottom to register. If you have an account with AppGarden you do not need to create a new account. You will just need to log in and update your profile.
Please note the criminal background checks may take several weeks to process so please complete the application as soon as possible.
Harris Teeter VIC Card
If you have a Target Red Card, you can link your credit/debit card to Silk Hope School. Everytime you use your Red Card Silk Hope will get 1% of your entire purchase. Click on the link below to learn how you can support the school, while you shop.
Target Red Card