Great First Week
We have had an outstanding first week of school. I have to commend both parents and staff for your efforts to ensure that the return to school has gone well for students. The boys and girls have appeared excited to be at school and eager to learn. We want to welcome all of our new kindergarten and prek students and families. We are glad to have you as a part of the Silk Hope family.
Reminders from the School Nurse
- If you have not already turned them in, all Kindergarten Health assessments and immunization records need to be completed and turned into the school by September 24th
- Also all 6th graders are required to have the TDAP vaccine which is also due by September 24th.
- This week flu packets were sent home. If you would like your child to receive the vaccine later this fall please complete the form and return it to school by Tuesday, September 2. No Late forms will be accepted.
- As a reminder All Medication that is to be administered at school must be sent to school in the original bottle and requires a completed, signed form from your doctor before administration of the medication.
Upcoming Events for the Week Include:
- There will be no school for students and staff tomorrow in recognition of the Labor Day Holiday.
- 2nd Grade will be having a parent night Wednesday at 6pm and 3rd grade will meet Thursday at 6pm. We hope that you can join us as teachers will be sharing important information regarding classroom procedures and expectations.
- Tryouts for the Boys Soccer Team will begin Friday, September 5. Students wishing to tryout must turn in their physical to Mrs. DeCristofaro prior to tryouts.
You can access the site here. If you are new to the site you will need to click on the green link at the bottom to register. If you have an account with AppGarden you do not need to create a new account. You will just need to log in and update your profile.
Please note the criminal background checks may take several weeks to process so please complete the application as soon as possible.
We are also looking for team managers. Any 6th grade boys who would like to tryout for the team NEXT year (when they are in 7th grade) and any 8th grade girls who played on the girls soccer team last year are welcome to join us at tryouts as potential team managers.
If you have shin guards and soccer cleats, please bring them to tryouts. If not, coupons will be handed out at tryouts so that you can get them at a discount. You will also need plenty of water to drink.
As a reminder, this information will also be sent home with 6th/7th/and 8th graders the first day of school.
Food Lion MVP Card
Harris Teeter VIC Card
If you have a Target Red Card, you can link your credit/debit card to Silk Hope School. Everytime you use your Red Card Silk Hope will get 1% of your entire purchase. Click on the link below to learn how you can support the school, while you shop.
Target Red Card