The PTA is in need of volunteers for this fundraiser. If you are able to volunteer please contact our PTA Volunteer Coordinator, Laurie Shortlidge, at
To help support the PTA Chicken Tender plate fundraiser, the PTA is asking for the following donations:
PreK-2nd Grade: 12 pack of bottle water
3rd - 8th Grade: 12 pack cans of Pepsi or Coke products
All Students: 12 slices of pound cake, brownies, or cookies in individual bags (deliver on March 27th)
WE APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT!
This has definitely been a group effort involving students, community members, family members, and teachers. A number of people in the Silk Hope community have donated their time and talents to make the outer shells of our sleeping bags, while many others have donated supplies needed for this project. While working on this project for the past month, students have participated in making functional art while learning about compassion towards others. Sleeping bags will go to St. Bartholomew's in Pittsboro for distribution.
Silk Hope School is happy to announce that parents can begin registering for the PowerSchool Parent Portal today. The PowerSchool Parent Portal is a website that will allow parents to see their student's grades as they are updated by teachers.
Parents are asked to complete a parent verification process before accessing their student's grade and schedule information via the Parent Portal. This is a one-time process and need only be completed in subsequent years if families enroll new students within Chatham County Schools. The parent verification process helps to ensure the safety and security of all student grade and class schedule information as required by federal law.
1. Parents are invited to download, and complete, the parent verification form from the Chatham County Schools homepage located at: http://www.chatham.k12.nc.us/. This form is also available from our school's front office if you do not have access to a printer or the Internet.
2. Parents are then asked to present a separate completed form at each school where families have students attending a Chatham County School.
3. Parents will need to present some form of photo identification at each school to ensure the safety and security of student information. For parents who are unwilling, or unable, to provide photo identification they may seek a public notary of their choice to notarize the verification form.
Parents are also welcome to attend Jordan Matthews High School on Wednesday, November 20th from 6:30pm until 8pm to complete this process. This is a great opportunity to complete the parent verification process and all schools that feed Jordan Matthews High School will be present. Parents who opt to have their verification notarized need to bring their notarized form with them to the event.
Each weekend the backpacks contain enough food for two breakfasts, two lunches, three dinners and two snacks. Additional food is provided for long weekends and school holidays.
How the program works:
- Food donations are collected by Sapling Ridge and Mt. Vernon Churches and at the school from the community.
- The backpacks are prepared by church volunteers, delivered to the school and discreetly handed out for the students to take home on Friday afternoon.
- The students return the backpacks on Monday to be repacked.
Food Lion MVP Card
Harris Teeter VIC Card
If you have a Target Red Card, you can link your credit/debit card to Silk Hope School. Everytime you use your Red Card Silk Hope will get 1% of your entire purchase. Click on the link below to learn how you can support the school, while you shop.
Target Red Card